Qualifications are important. However, finding a solid, professional agent means getting beyond the resume, and into what makes an agent effective. Use the following questions as your starting point in hiring your licensed, professional real estate agent:
- Are you a full-time or part-time agent?
- How many homes have you sold in your career?
- Who answers the phone at each number on your For Sale signs?
- Do you offer an ‘Easy Exit’ contract so that I can end our agreement if we are not satisfied?
- Do you charge a ‘Transaction Fee’ (AKA junk fee), and if yes, who benefits from that fee?
- Do you have a team that supports you or are you everything to every client?
- Will you be at my buyers inspection and appraisal?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?